Reflections of a Setting Sun
‘Reflections of a Setting Sun’ explores the mystery of death and the many extraordinary experiences that occur at the interface between life and death.
Michael Barbato probes these little known and frequently misunderstood events, highlights their healing potential and explores possible causes. The book is imbued with case studies, many of which come from the author’s 20 years of experience as a palliative care doctor. Reflections of a Setting Sun sheds new light on the experience of dying, calls for a more holistic approach to the care of the dying and emphasises the important role family play in delivering this care.
• Deathbed visions, near-death and out-of-body experiences
• Dreams, intuition and after-death communication
• The nature of coma and unconsciousness
• Medical and holistic models of care
• How to create a healing environment
• The dying person’s search for meaning
Introduction (Download Sample PDF)
1. The nature and variety of deathbed visions
2. The near-death experience
3. The cause of near-to-death experiences
4. Mysteries around death
5. As the sun sets
6. The final and greatest mystery
Author: Michael Barbato
Size: 147mm x 210mm
Pages: 205pp plus Cover
Format: Colour cover and mono text
plus $10 postage and handling
outside of Australia
Credit Card payments are processed through PayPal. For other payment options please contact the author.
© Michael Barbato 2013 Design:emsee.com.au